Is there anything better than a massive bowl of tangy, silky noodles?
Well, yes, one thing..
A massive bowl of tangy, silky noodles that is SO QUICK TO MAKE!! Getting home after a long, grueling day at work… cooking a meal that takes over an hour and requires 20+ ingredients is the last thing you want to do, especially if you’re just cooking for one. And don’t even think about reaching for that loaf of bread and peanut butter jar.
This has to be my absolute favourite recipe to throw together at the last minute. Healthy, wholesome and most importantly, TASTY! Although I can’t take the credit, it all goes to the Nigella Express cookbook, where this divine last minute meal comes from. I’ve made some minor alterations with regards to the sauce to suit my own taste, and I’ve found that some torn pieces of smoked salmon goes with it beautifully 🙂
To serve one (the best) or two smaller meals as a side, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds;
- 1 small spring onion, sliced finely;
- 90g soba noodles;
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar;
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (dark);
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil;
- Smoked salmon, if desired, or any other protein such as grilled fish or chicken.
1. Boil some water in a saucepan and once simmering, add a teaspoon of salt. Add your soba noodles and cook according to directions on the packet.
2. Toast your sesame seeds in a dry fry pan over a high heat until they become golden brown, tip them into a bowl.
3. Mix the vinegar, soy, honey and sesame oil together in the serving bowl.
4. Finely chop your spring onion.
5. The noodles should be done in five minutes or so. Pour into a strainer, then wash the noodles under cold water to stop the cooking process. Tip into the bowl with the combined sauces, also chucking in the spring onion and toasted sesame seeds, then mix together thoroughly, making sure to get all the noodles lathered in the slick, tangy sauce at the bottom. Tear up your smoked salmon slices (two), and mix in.
Healthy meal in a flash!
If you’re feeling REALLY virtuous, you can have this with a salad or something.
Oh, and don’t worry, that’s not the amount it actually makes (above). THIS is how much the recipe makes (see below):
Slurp away! One happy kitty here 🙂
Enjoy your weekend, lovers xx